Monday, July 11, 2011

My Savior, Craig Hubbard





© 2002 Craig Hubbard
My sweet savior, I didn't mean to lie
When I left, did I make you cry?
I'll be back here one summers day
In the tall grass we will play
I was born in Memphis, that's right, Tennessee.
Learned from no one who I should be
When I saw your smile and your green eyes
Laid down my gun, yeah, much to my surprise!
I was looking for my savior
Oh baby how you saved me
That's how you became my savior
Then I got back into playing cards
Them men where mean and their souls where hard
Killed a man over an even twenty bills
The whisky, the women, and the thrills
I drove hard all the way to Arkansas
Where I tangled with a quick punchin southpaw.
I needed saving, I needed your green eyes
Read in your letter, our baby was just baptized.
I'm just looking for my savior
Please baby once again save me
I'm sorry for my behavior
Oh won't you be my savior?
I got holed up in some abandoned lot
The wind was howling and the sun was hot
Wanted men have gone that path before
Me and my gun against ten men or more
Here I stand at heavens gate
Can't say why they'd make me wait
My dear Jesus I'm a child of God!
What I did on earth, won't you disregard?
I'm still waiting for my savior.
Won't you be my savior?
I'm looking for my savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment