Thursday, July 7, 2011

Doubt and Conviction © 2002 Vince Bonner, Dan Moore, By Craig Hubbard













Doubt and Conviction



There's a drunk man on the corner asking me for change.
There's a dollar in my pocket, to bad it's gonna stay that way.
There's a preacher in the chapel, he sells salvation for a coin.
I pass by his congregation, and he's begging me to join.
I see the preacher take the drunk man, he gives him shelter from the rain.
And when I look through the doorway, I think to myself again.
Doubt and conviction, gonna make me change.
Little Suzy goes to all the right luncheons, wears all the right cloths.
She looks so cool and modern, but inside now nobody knows.
That the tree hugger from just the right school, and Suzy's $50 plate.
Saving some big red wood tree in some northwester state.
Doubt and conviction, gonna make me change.
Politician up on the hill, you know who I'm taking about.
He's handing out dollar bills, taking food from a poor mans mouth.
Drunk man back on the corner, he's asking me for change.
there's a dollar in my pocket, this time I'm gonna give it away.
Doubt and conviction, gonna make me change.

No comments:

Post a Comment