Friday, June 17, 2011

Just Another Year, Mark Swanson, By David Hubbard






Just Another Year ©Mark Swanson By David Hubbard


Catalogues and barking dogs are some things I remember
I look back at emotional wealth; getting my kicks, man I’ve been tested
Given away with pleasure and pain, ‘though sometime I resisted
I crawled up from a bottomless pit; you were there, and so I kissed you

Mrs. Right, where are you when I need held onto?
The things are clear; I hide my fear
Hey, it’s just another year

Well I hide my face when the sun comes up; for me accusations don’t talk
I spend my day in the pouring rain - just some bum stranded on the sidewalk
But with my magic coat, I can change my name and move to a better location
While I spit and swear on my new home there, lost in your deprivation

My friend, where are you when I need held onto?
The things are clear; I hide my fear
Hey, it’s just another year

Maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe someday
Save me, save me, save me, save me some way

For another time, I could have announced I’m all consumed about tradition
But if you want me now, you can have me now, under just one condition:
That you don’t walk away all heartless and framed, a picture of much hesitation
While I lay cold in the bed you made, afraid of our complications

I’ll be here when you need me to hold onto
The things are clear, but it will last; don’t you fear
It’s just another year

Just another, like your Brother, but unlike your Mother
Just another year

No comments:

Post a Comment