Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Don't Go Cryin When You're Not Mine, Original By Craig Hubbard



Written And Performed By Craig Hubbard
Don’t Go Cryin When You’re Not Mine

I hope that everything works out for you. I hope one day your vision comes true.
But one day you might be searching till your face turns blue.
Then don't go cryin when you're not mine.

It's funny how you think you've seem my face before.
Cuz I haven't been around for two or three years or more.
But still your clothes are on my bedroom floor.
So don't go cryin when you're not mine.

Now U2 play softly on the radio.
As the playboys of the past turn their heads and go.
Because they found out that every man has his row to hoe.
So  don't go cryin when you're not mine.

Now the wheels on the track slowly grind.
And your bedroom eyes unwind.
For a ghost who's hands will never find.
That our world is way beyond it's time.
And I won't bow to any of their God shrines.
And if you're not being born then you're just slowly dieing.
So  don't go cryin when you're not mine.

You flick your smoke and tell me that I'm bold.
As the New Jersey roadmapp unfolds.
And you listen to every story that I told.
As young men sweep down and steal your soul.
As young babies cry out in the cold.
And the ideals of our land are being sold.
And the bell keeper rings his final tole.
And yet you think your heart remains unsold.
To the preacher in the park who's words turn to gold.
And every young boy must one day hit the road.
So  don't go cryin when you're not mine. .

Now New York City's always been a place for me.
To try and figure out all the things I see.
And somehow to protect my true identity.
But everywhere I go I see your history.
So all day long I pay the penalty.
Of ever being part of your company.
And the ramifications are coming plain to see.
That you'll never become what you want to be.
Because living int the past is just a fantasy.
And one day child I'm gonna role outta here free.
So  don't go cryin when you're not mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment