Monday, June 27, 2011

"Bellyachin" Original By A Teen-Aged David Hubbard



Bellyachin’, Original By A Teen-Aged David Hubbard

Well today I got a letter in
Telling me that I could win
10 millions dollars or a ball point pen
In the biggest sweepstakes ever
No I'm not happy and I'm not sad
'Cause 10 million dollars wouldn't be so bad
I've got cabin fever and we haven't had a decent day of weather


And in other houses it's the same as it is here
With mothers drinking cheap Chablis
And fathers drinking beer
The television's on the blink
It hasn't worked in years
And I'm just sleepin', eatin;, bellyachin'


I remember the day  I turned sixteen
Sippin' on a glass of Ovaltine
Driving my little red submarine
I stretched my self elastic 
And with my ever changing views
Like the sunshine changes a color's hues
I'm sorry to report the news
That part time friend are plastic



And in other houses it's the same as it is here
With mothers drinking cheap Pinot Gris
And fathers drinking beer
The television's on the blink
It hasn't worked in years
And I'm just singin', sleepin', bellyachin'


I applied for a job and got employed
My family and friends were overjoyed
But we became slightly annoyed
When the boss said he'd mistaken
Said the manager with a sheepish look
"Son, you can't have a job that's already been took".
So I'm writing this song in my music book
About all the time I'm wastin'


 Well it's time for me to stop all this fuss
And drive across the country in a beat up bus
I need someone to love and somebody to trust
Before my dreams are rusted


So as your'e driving your car down the road of life
With a dog and a kid and a beautiful wife 
This world is mean so carry a knife
And watch out to not get busted



And in other houses it's the same thing it is here
With Grandma in a wheel chair with a hearing aid in her ear 
And Mom and Dad have since retired, they haven't worked in years
And I'm just singin', sleepin', eatin'
Six o'clock and dinner's heatin'
And I'm just walkin' talkin' bellyachin'









No comments:

Post a Comment