Thursday, March 10, 2011

Verses 1-2 Hubbard Hill Memories Gerry Hubbard




20 plays

Hubbard Hill Memories Verses 1-2
I was born in late September and some things that I remember are a pair of new red rubber cowboy boots.  In the Catskill Mountain sunshine, I remember like in dream time how I ran the fields with happy shouts & hoots.
And in the summer on a sultry day,
While my mother worked the windrows making hay
I was just a baby on a blanket neath a shade tree and I played & napped the afternoon away.

When my father brought the horses then they stacked the hay in courses on a steel wheeled wagon that my grandpa made
As I rode down in the haystack and my father held the horses back, my mother sang a hymn or softy prayed.
And in the barn the dust and hayseed swirled,
As I reveled in this fascinating world,
Then my mother brought us all a drink from the hand pump by the kitchen sink while barnyard sounds & smells around us curled.

No comments:

Post a Comment