Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Elise, Please Stop Crying"..To His Daughter...Craig Hubbard....




“Elise, Please Stop Crying” Craig Hubbard to his daughter, an original garage band arrangement
Elise, please stop crying
Craig Hubbard 6-11/07
I like the way that the night falls. On you delicate skin
When we walk through the heights
After you cry out in the middle of the night
Your mama wants you to stay in, I want you to come out
I know you’re feeling blue.
Is there something I can do for you?
Elise, please stop crying.
I’ll hold you in my arms. Tell you that it’s alright.
I hesitated tonight
It seemed like you wanted to fight.
You brother is jealous of me. He kicks and pounds his feet.
If we walk through the trees
Maybe we’ll both finally sleep. Elise.
Elise, please stop crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment