Friday, March 25, 2011

Final Verses 11-12 Hubbard Hill Memories



Hubbard Hill Memories Final Verses 11 and 12
Of the windows in that old farm house, some faced directly west and south and all the family many times a day,
Would check that eighteen mile view to guess the weather coming through and then you’d usually hear somebody say,
“When the rain comes it’ll be to wet to plow”,
Or “The snows too deep there’ll be no school bus now”,
And those windows from that farm house knoll were also windows to our souls and taught us love of hills and life somehow.

In this age of space and cell phones and those idiotic ring tones I return to those old times on Hubbard Hill.
And I often think of going back but now the house is just a shack and so I guess I probl'y never will.
Still thoughts of friends and family gently bind,
As I think about those pure and peaceful times.
So when I need a peaceful spot to go when troubles are a lot I go back  to the mountains in my mind.

So when I need a peaceful spot to go when troubles are a lot I go back to the Catskills in my mind.
So when I need a peaceful spot to go when troubles are a lot I go back to my old home in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment