Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Two Men, One Will Always Be Your Killer, One Will Always Be Your Friend: David Hubbard





Two Men
 ©David Hubbard 2011








Saw you out Sunday morning
In the cold, grey air all alone
Underneath your haggard clothing
Make your way back to your home
And you know he’s not going to be there
But he’s been gone this long before
Then you’ll smile at him as he takes you down
On your dirty kitchen floor


Well, you know I’d love to meet him
On a cold and winter’s night
I would smile as I’d greet him
And engage him in a fight
And I’d take your rage out on him
Something you would never do
And you’d never know that I‘d broke him
As he cried out to you


Well, I see my mind has wandered
I’ve become again two men
One will always be your killer
One will always be your friend
And will try to lead you from him
And will try to make him see
That you’d be much better off, Dear
If you’d leave the likes of me

No comments:

Post a Comment