Saturday, May 28, 2011

"June" An Original By David Hubbard


“June”  By David Hubbard

Rolling down a hill I've never rambled
Standing silent in a patch of brambles
Everything looks to me of late
Like something I think I could take and take


Showers wash the rocks of sand
Everything looks like it's from a strange land
Sister crying in the street
Tears are falling down to splash at her feet


The road's awash with sand and gravel
Long it's been since such as a storm as that's come
There's a boat out on the lake
Rocking up against the wake


Yesterday was a disaster
Tried to catch the girl but she was faster
Left me standing on the pier
Without a shred of comfort anywhere


Water falls a hundred feet
But the jagged rocks below are not deep
Where you used to walk on walls
But you never stood on falls


In the day you like to fight and fight
But you're vulnerable and sexy at night
Glance at me to see me swoon
807 flies at noon
Maybe I'll see you in June

No comments:

Post a Comment