Sunday, February 3, 2013

To Watch The River Flow, Craig Hubbard


To Watch The River Flow, Written And Performed By Craig Hubbard

Over the mountains, down to the sea.
Where ever I wander, you're coming with me.
We'll wander farther than the mail can go.
We're burning bridges to watch the river flow.

Little black berries.  Little black bats.
You're harder to find than a stray alley cat.
You're purr has got me lying low.
Staying up late to watch the river flow.

Don't need the money. Don't need no fame.
Your love is all that I'm gonna claim.
Claim it in public till I cause a row.
Then sit on a park bench to watch the river flow.

The night is for singers and fancy champagne.
It's for drinking whiskey in the freezing rain.
We'll warm our feet at some fancy chateau.
Open the window to watch the river flow.

Life is a gamble, feels like a sham.
Took all these years to know who I am.
You know me deeper than the ocean floor.
Lets close our eyes to watch the river flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment