Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Goodbye To Dad, Written and Performed By Dan Weber

https://hubbardmusicmountain.tumblr.com/post/12541087041/goodbye-to-dad-written-and-performed-by-dan



Got a box in the mail today, COD, signed my name
Inside was a plastic bag
Three thousand miles from home,
Little bits of ash and bone
I broke the seal, said Hello Dad

Out to the yard to get some air, Dad sat in my favorite chair
And I made us a couple of drinks
But Dad he can’t drink no more
So what the hell is Heaven for
I wondered what my old man might say

But we got along just fine
I drank his glass, right after mine
And I threw a handful in the wind and I said goodbye to dad

I took Dad for a good long drive and tried to let the years unwind
And I rev’ed it up to a hundred and ten
It was one of those perfect days
After a week of rain
You know it happens now and then
State trooper he slowed us down, when I saw his lights flash on
And I got pulled over once again
He asked me where the fire was
An I told him just because
Then I introduced him to Dad

And they got along just fine,
He gave us a warning, said to watch the signs
And I threw a handful in the wind and I said goodbye to Dad

This ain’t how it's supposed to go
Mom should be here, God knows she knows
And I still don’t understand
Why I never said goodbye to my old man

I threw Dad in the ocean too, and a secret lake that we both knew
And he even jumped on a moving train
I mailed him to Alaska too something he always wanted to do
And I waved goodbye to his plane

And we got along just fine
I took him down to the lake one last time
And I threw a handful in the wind
And I said goodbye to Dad......I got a box in the mail today….

Here Is a link to his website and more music: http://www.facebook.com/danwebermusic?sk=app_2405167945

2 comments:

  1. Dan Weber is great. Nice to hear this song with some studio polish. I wish the bit rate on on your sample was a little higher though. Thanks for this, and I hope you can post another track before the CD (finally) is released.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan Weber is the real deal. Such great lyrics...ring solidly true. And take this recording, multiply it by infinity when you see him live. OK, not infinity. But a really big number. Certainly more than 10 or 20. .....Andy Anderson

    ReplyDelete